Are you looking for help with bringing your pets to the UK?
Airpets offer customs clearance for pet dogs and cats under the Pet Travel Scheme into the UK from 3rd countries (outside the EU). We have professional knowledge and facilities to make the entire pet import process easy and stress-free for both you and your pet. All you need to do is complete our customs clearance quote application form.
The Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) allows pet dogs, cats and ferrets to enter the UK without quarantine as long as they comply with the regulations. It also allows pet owners in the UK to take their dogs, cats and ferrets to other European countries and then return with them without need for quarantine. All relevant documents and information can be down loaded from this page and all latest information on the scheme can be found on the official DEFRA web site.
For dogs, cats and ferrets entering the UK from any European or “listed” third country the key differences are that the current requirement to carry out a rabies blood test followed by a four-month wait before entry into the UK will no longer be required. For a pet import under the EU Pet Passport Scheme quote – Please click here
Dogs, cats and pet ferrets entering the UK from an EU or ‘listed’ third country from 1st January 2012 must: have the following completed in this exact order:
- Be microchipped
- Vaccinated against rabies
- Have waited 21 days after vaccination before entering the UK
- Hold an EU Pet Passport or EU Veterinary Certificate (Annex 2)
- Tapeworm Treatment(dogs only): before entering the UK, all pet dogs (including assistance dogs) must be treated for tapeworm. The treatment must be administered by a vet not less than 24 hours and not more than 120 hours (1-5 days) before its scheduled arrival time in the UK. There is no mandatory requirement for tick treatment. No treatment is required for dogs entering the UK from Finland, Ireland or Malta).
Pets entering from a non listed third country must pass a blood test 30 days after vaccination followed by a 3 month wait.
To avoid confusion we have prepared check lists for you to print out and take to your vet.
Click here for EU and listed countries check list
Click here for unlisted countries check list
All latest information can be found on the official DEFRA web site
When your pet is consigned to Airpets in the UK under the Pet Travel Scheme regulations our role is to:
- Offer a pre check of documentation prior to leaving country of origin
- Monitor pets once loaded onto the aircraft with our tracking system software
- Collect your pet promptly from the official animal quarantine station at Heathrow then make the 5 minute journey to our kennels and cattery at Heathrow.
From there you may:
- Collect your pet at any time or any day to suit during our opening hours.
- Take your dog for a walk in our field
- Arrange a dog wash & brush up
- Arrange delivery anywhere in the UK
Our import staff are experienced in dealing with all aspects of pet imports and our speciality is making sure that all documentation is correct before leaving the country of origin! The main cause for concern with Pet Travel Scheme imports is incorrect documentation on arrival. Pre checking documentation is a unique service to Airpets and is well worth the extra time taken in order to avoid delays at customs. We are conveniently located just 5 minutes from Heathrow Cargo.
Pet Travel Scheme or quarantine?
From 1st January 2012:
Pets from “listed countries” that do not qualify for the Pet Travel Scheme must complete 21 days quarantine and arrive in the UK with an import permit.
Pets from “non listed” countries that do not qualify must complete a maximum of 4 months in quarantine and arrive in the UK with an import permit.
If you’d like a quotation on importing your pet into the UK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like a quotation on importing your pet into the UK from a 3rd country (non EU), please contact Angela Lacey
For specific advice on the latest import regulations, please contact us