- Company Profile
- Exporting Your Pet
- Import Your Pet To UK
- Boarding & Quarantine Kennels
- Our Vets
- Sky Kennels
- What You Say About Us
- Woofs Day Care & Spa
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Additional Services
Export Your Pet To New Zealand
This page is dedicated to busy people relocating to New Zealand who may need either a complete pet travel service or just help with any part of the process. We work daily with international removal, global mobility and immigration companies. We'll hold your hand from start to finish and help with problems or delays that can arise.
Airpets is a preferred supplier to British Airways – Qantas – Air New Zealand
Optional Pet Export Services to suit your individual needs include:
- We will collect from your home in DEFRA approved air conditioned vans
- Boarding for pets in 5* kennels & cattery for as long as necessary
- Organise direct flight from Heathrow and arrange veterinary check on departure
- Organise NZ import permit once the quarantine space has been booked
- We either take care of all veterinary work including vaccinations, blood tests, tick & tape worm treatments by our vet who visits us daily; or take you step by step through the procedure to make sure all paperwork is correct ready for the day of departure! We work daily with Runneymede Veterinary Practice who examine and sign off all pre flight documents and animals at Heathrow.
- DEFRA Export Health Certificate
- Delivery to the flight in just 5 minutes at Heathrow Cargo Centre
- IATA approved air kennels manufactured in our own workshop. Air freight is calculated on the volume of the air kennel and IATA regulations ensure pets have room to stand, turn around and lie down. Our air kennels are individually made to measure ensuring maximum comfort to the pets yet saving on unnecessary expensive air freight charges.
- Homeopathic calming remedies
From 28th June 2011 the New Zealand government has introduced a minimum 10 days quarantine period. Quarantine kennels are listed below.
- Qualified Pet Services, Takanini, AKL www.qualifiedpet.co.nz
- Pethaven Quarantine Services, Pokeno, AKL www.pethavenkennels.co.nz
- Canterbury Quarantine Services Ltd, Aylesbury, CHC www.pethavenkennels.co.nz
- Shado-Lans Quarantine Facility, Levin www.shado-lans.co.nz
- Pussy Cat Lodge, Avondale, AKL www.pussycatlodge.com
(Once you have contacted your chosen kennels to arrange quarantine, we then apply for the import permit)
All pets must be up to date with their annual vaccinations/kennel cough not less than 14 days before coming into kennels.
Ask your vet not to include Leptospirisis with your dog's regular annual booster as this can give a positive blood test result.
Rabies vaccination at least 6 months before departure but within 1 year.
All Airpets customers are assigned an agent from the pet export team who will take personal care of you and your pets
If you'd prefer to chat to one of us about your pet(s) and gain an approximate idea of cost please call 00 44 (0) 1753 685571
If you'd like a quotation on exporting your pet out of the UK, please use our export quote form.