Spout Lane North
Middlesex TW19 6BW
Fel: 0800 371 554 (if calling from the UK)
Fax: +44 (0)1753681655
Airpets offer customs clearance for pet dogs and cats under the Pet Travel Scheme into the UK from 3rd countries (outside the EU). We have professional knowledge and facilities to make the entire pet import process easy and stress-free for both you and your pet. All you need to do is complete our customs clearance quote application form.
The Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) allows pet dogs, cats and ferrets to enter the UK without quarantine as long as they comply with the regulations and have a valid EU Pet Passport. It also allows pet owners in the UK to take their dogs, cats and ferrets to other European countries and then return with them without need for quarantine. All relevant documents and information can be down loaded from this page and all latest information on the scheme can be found on the official DEFRA web site.
Changes are a coming from 1st January 2012!!
For dogs, cats and ferrets entering the UK from any European or "listed" third country the key differences are that the current requirement to carry out a rabies blood test followed by a four-month wait before entry into the UK will no longer be required.
Dogs, cats and pet ferrets entering the UK from an EU or 'listed' third country from 1st January 2012 must:
- Be microchipped
- Vaccinated against rabies
- Have waited 21 days after vaccination before entering the UK
- Hold an EU Pet Passport
- Tick treatment for pet animals 24 – 48 hours before embarkation to UK
- Tapeworm controls may differ slightly
- From 1st January pets entering from a non-listed third country must pass a blood test 30 days after vaccination followed by a three-month wait.From 1st January pets entering from a non-listed third country must pass a blood test 30 days after vaccination followed by a three-month wait.
To avoid confusion we have prepared check lists for you to print out and take to your vet.
Click here for EU and listed countries check list
Click here for unlisted countries check list
All latest information can be found on the official DEFRA web site
When your pet is consigned to Airpets in the UK under the Pet Travel Scheme regulations our role is to:
- Offer a pre check of documentation prior to leaving country of origin
- Monitor pets once loaded onto the aircraft with our tracking system software
- Collect your pet promptly from the official animal quarantine station at Heathrow then make the 5 minute journey to our kennels and cattery at Heathrow.
From there you may:
- Collect your pet at any time or any day to suit during our opening hours.
- Take your dog for a walk in our field
- Arrange a dog wash & brush up
- Arrange delivery anywhere in the UK
Our import staff are experienced in dealing with all aspects of pet imports and our speciality is making sure that all documentation is correct before leaving the country of origin! The main cause for concern with Pet Travel Scheme imports is incorrect documentation on arrival. Pre checking your documentation in cluding your EU Pet Passport is a unique service to Airpets and is well worth the extra time taken in order to avoid delays at customs.
A C5 customs form needs to be completed and presented to customs for clearance. You will find this in our download section - or by clicking here. We're conveniently located just 5 minutes from Heathrow Cargo.
Pet Travel Scheme or quarantine?
From 1st January 2012:
Pets from "listed countries" that do not qualify for the Pet Travel Scheme must complete 4 months quarantine and arrive in the UK with an import permit.
Pets from "non listed" countries that do not qualify must complete 21 days in quarantine and arrive in the UK with an import permit.
If you'd like a quotation on importing your pet into the UK, please email email@example.com.
If you'd like a quotation on importing your pet into the UK from a 3rd country (non EU), please contact Angela Lacey